Monday, January 31, 2005

Lord, let our hearts be still



Humble King

Oh, kneel me down again,
Here at your feet,
Show me how much you love, humility,
Oh spirit be the star, that leads me to,
The humble heart of love, I see in you...

You are the God of the broken,
The friend of the weak,
You wash the feet of the weary,
Embrace the ones in need,
I want to be like you Jesus,
To have this heart in me,
You are the God of the humble,
You are the humble king.

1999 Vineyard Songs (UK/Eire)
Words and Music by Brenton Brown


This song brought a tear to my eye at church, as we sang in worship to God, to end a wonderful service. Rev. Sivin normally speaks very well, but he seemed to have elevated his sermon today to another level ;)


Draw me close

Draw me close to you,
Never let me go,
I lay it all down again,
To hear you say that I'm your friend,
You are my desire,
No one else will do,
Cause nothing else could take your place,
To feel the warmth of your embrace,
Help me find a way, bring me back to you...

You're all I want,
You're all I ever needed,
You're all I want,
Help me know you are near...

1994 (Mercy/Vineyard Publishing)
Words and Music by Kelly Carpenter



Lately, many have found themselves needing to draw close to the Father, myself included. The Faithful One answers as usual. We may change, but He never changes. Lord, let our hearts be still so we can focus on you and draw close to you.

Amen.


No comments: