Friday, June 24, 2005

Past Midlife

It's my birthday today, and I'm 26 officially. Hooray. Yeah. But I'm feeling a little sad and, I don't know, I'm just not all jumpy and excited, and it has nothing to do with being 26. But I also do not get shit feelings during birthdays that some people do. Oh well...

I sometimes wish I could stay 18 or 21. I never could believe I would be where I am today. But in saying that, I just want to embrace life to the fullest as it comes right at me. I'm 26, and although it feels old, I'm not going to sulk. Heck, I might be 36 before I know it if I waste time sulking.

I'm sure and I hope there'll be nicer things to put up about my birthday by tomorrow...

roadfire2 roadfire1

Earlier in the evening, on my way to church for dinner with Pastor Sivin and worship practice, a bus was on fire by the roadside along Old Klang Road. I believe the fire had just occurred shortly before I passed through the area. The traffic was beginning to pile up, as the smoke got thicker and higher, and as the fire became more fierce. The firefighters got to the scene within minutes as I approached. There was even a mild sound of explosion. I was just concerned if everyone got out of the bus safely before the fire consumed the bus. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I just pray that everyone got out safely and I thank God for firefighters and the jobs they do.

anewhope

Looking forward to today. I hope it's a nice day...

9 comments:

Sivin Kit said...

happy born day! :-)increasingly .. your manhood is maturing!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! may life be full of sweet dreams, health, and quiet breathing. not forgetting rainbows ;)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday chin hor!

i hope it'll be a nice day too... ;)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday chin hor! i thought of you early this morning and wanted to send this wish @7am but left my phone @ home and only had the chance to use my office comp @7pm...btw, u r definately more mature and charming as well as grown in the Lord. May you have a blessed and God-filled year ahead!

Chin Hor said...

Thanks so much everyone!! My birthday was a rockin' one, and a huge blast! I was so blown away! Blog post coming right up soon.

Elysia's mom: So funny the way you call yourself, I like it! Thank you so much MC, wife of SK =D Really appreciate it and looking forward to meeting you both with Jo!

jedibaba said...

Happy birthday! I thank God for creating such a creative burst of life!! But if 26 is midlife it means I am dead. hahaha! Thank God that the online age test put me at 27.

Chin Hor said...

Hahaha!! You mean you aren't 27 in real life Master Jedibaba? Can't tell ;) Thank you!

A whole bunch of photos are coming up soon! Phew!

John Cheah said...

Blessed Birthday, Chin Hor!

From Su Shen and John...

Alpha Lim said...

strange. on my 26th birthday I felt old too. in fact, I felt I was going over the hill. haha! but I've not had that feeling for any subsequent birthdays. just the 26th (and my 19th birthday, before that. and come to think of it, my 12th as well. the rest were fine).

: ).

btw, I'm really glad about the fantastic birthday you had this year. yeh, I'm only reading about it almost two months later!