Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Centrestage no more
After a little over a year, I made my way back to Filmstage, where I used to work, because of a job I had taken on. It felt weird going back on this occassion for some reason. I was a little excited to see the changes I've heard so much about and yet, going back reminded me of all the reasons why I didn't choose to stay on. This used to be the place where I thought I'd begin building my career and my pursuit of earthly things I had wanted for myself before God said that wasn't what He wanted for me.
On my way up the stairs, I noticed the place had been decorated for Chinese New Year. I thought it was one of those creepy Buddhist funeral type of lantern lights *haha* It still made a good picture anyhow!
Being on this job was a good experience. I mean, I needed the money and God provided. In retrospect, being on this job also reminded me of how different a life I've chosen to live since I left over a year ago; and that I've chosen to mould my life around more sheep rather than wolves. It was a fun experience for the job itself - met new nice people, learnt a lot of things on set etc. - but I don't think I could go back to doing this full-time again.
Life just is different now, and for the better I believe. That's more important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It was nice to have you on the job =)
And those lanterns have been there since way before Chinese New Year *shudders* So creepy when we work late...
Post a Comment